Saturday, November 10, 2012

StarPower Horse

I ventured out on a Friday evening (which is like a Saturday back home) to get a haircut. My barber offered me (and I accepted) one of these "Power Horses." It's an energy drink. With all these dudes posted in front of the barbershops and chilling on the sidewalks talking, I get the feeling that this is sort of like a beer would be back home (which I've gotten offers many times). It IS a stimulant. I guess it would be sort of like a grown up drink. I gladly accepted the show of hospitality after another barber tried to cut his throat and sit me in his chair. My barber is really cool, an Indian Muslim named something like "Safardeen." We talked a bit about NY and India and then we discovered we're both huge wrestling fans (wrestling is wildly popular here and you can find it on TV every single minute)! He likes all of the good guys and dislikes the bad guys, and I think he was disappointed to know that certain guys (such as John Morrison) wouldn't be coming to these parts during the world tour. I was surprised to realize that he didn't know those guys (like Batista) weren't wrestling for WWE anymore. But then again, most fans aren't marks like I am. Wrestling is considered more of a sport, it even comes with the cable sports package and they have shows that we dont have. He is, of course, a Great Khali fan. It was cool to be in a familiar atmosphere. It was the pg version of home - 2 guys having a drink, talking about sports during a haircut. I told him I'd be back in 1 or 2 weeks. I like the atmosphere, it's in my old neighbourhood, which is kinda cool, and I like his vibe.

No comments:

Post a Comment