Sunday, November 4, 2012

I be getting randomly homesick. I was thinking about Juelz saying "'55th exit, damn already we home." That used to be a good ass feeling. 155th off Harlem River Dr., 158th off Henry Hudson (or is it 57th), 161 off Deegan, exit 5 Saw Mill, exit 11 Hutch, exit 13 Bronx River, exit 2 off 87, exit 4 cross county. Even when I finally hit Riverdale Ave. cuz I was driving up Broadway from 125th, 156th, all that, up to Yonkers on the suspended/restricted license late night haha, avoiding high way patrolling. I miss traffic finally breaking and me turning up "All Eyez On Me" or some Dugout shit. I miss knowing my night out was worth the wack time I'd have parking, maybe even having to park in the lot or get up early to avoid a ticket. I miss justifying going real fast late bc it felt good to be young, black, successful and feeling good about it. I miss knowing I made the right decision not to continue chasing the fun when I'd see my doorman, sit in front of my tv, and lay down in my clothes, content as can be. I miss stopping at McDonalds 3am, 4am, 5am cuz it was my only anti-hangover remedy. I miss those things. But it also reminds me of chances I was being really dumb in taking. I don't miss pigs creepin just cuz you're driving around late night; I used to keep my music low at certain times to stay alert for them cuz they will roll up on you quick in numbers. I don't miss walking to my car and keeping an eye on cats in random neighbourhoods. I don't miss having to decide if I can make it home on a few drops of gas, DEAD TIRED and it's mad cold out. I don't miss those things. But all in all, I lived a pretty cool life back home, great nights with good friends at special places. I'm creating new memories here. Sometimes I can already identify things I'm going to miss. And not miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment